Inhalt des Dokuments
The lecture starts on 16.10.2015. The tutorial starts on 21.10.2015.
News, slides, and other resources are available on the ISIS-page of the course . There is also a mandatory registration .
Informatik (MSc): Modul Distributed Algorithms
Technische Informatik (MSc): Distributed Algorithms
Elektrotechnik (MSc): Distributed Algorithms
- Models for distributed systems
- Flooding, echo, broadcast
- Distributed termination detection
- Mutual exclusion
- Distributed garbage collection
- Logical clocks, vector clocks, clock synchronization
- Distributed snapshots
- Fault tolerance basics
- Distributed memory
- Concurrency control
- Distributed transactions
who have successfully finished this module have gained the following
- Knowledge on most important basic algorithms for distributed systems
- Basic understanding on the structure of distributed algorithms, their complexity, scalability and fault tolerance properties
- How to select appropriate algorithms while designing distributed systems
Written examination at the end of the lecture period. Successful participation in the tutorials is a prerequisite.
The examination can be taken either
on 22.02.2016, 18:00 in EMH 225
on 12.04.2016, 12:00 in EMH 225.
+49 30 314-73388
Raum EN 357
+49 30 314-79833
Raum EN 356